11.01.2006

Halloween / The Format

Halloween: Last night was Halloween in France, too! The thing is, people here don't really celebrate Halloween here like they do in the US. Luckily for me, they do celebrate Halloween in the UK and Hannah knows tons of exchange students from the UK, so we went to their house last night for a "fancy dress"/costume party.

Since there are three of us Amanda, Hannad and I had been investigating three person costume ideas. The two that were at the top of our list were Rock, Paper, Scissors or the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Sadly Amanda "ditched" us for a 6-day hike in the Pyrenese, so we were missing our third person. Hannah and I decided to go with the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe idea anyhow. I was the witch, Hannah was the lion, and we took pictures of the wardrobe in our living room and printed them off.

As we walked in to town we expected to meet a few people who were in costume, but we saw NOBODY which really made us stand out (no matter). The house we went to was actually an old hotel that had been converted into a boarding house, so there were 16 people from everywhere living there. This made introducing yourself interesting as you needed to ascertain whether you were speaking to an anglophone or someone from France.

The party on a whole was a decent time. Good music, nice people, etc. Hannah knew a lot of people vaguely from her classes and it was fun to meet them all. The problem was most everyone there were old friends from back when, so it was a bit tough to break into conversations. We ended up leaving sort of early and taking a cab back to our apartment for the first time, ever. We are definitely hooked on the cab idea and will do it in the future.

The Format: Today I have done nothing but sit around the house, really. About 1 o'clock today I got a random melody stuck in my head. Normally I would try and let it pass, but not only was the melody persistant, it was also really good! I tried to google the three words I could remember in the hopes of turning up the artist, but I had no luck. Still, I was not discouraged and so I started to listen to every song on my computer. After about 268 songs I finally found the one that had randomly popped into my head and it turns out the group is called "The Format". If you have not heard of them, I *highly* recommend their music (which I have been further researching this afternoon) and in particular this one song called "The First Single (You Know Me)" (which I have listened to 23 times today... and it is only 4!). You can hear the song for free here. A+

1 Comments:

At 11/3/06, 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude!! I am loving the costume!!!!!

And, btw, I will watch the apartment video when my roomies are awake/when I find my headphones!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home