10.29.2006

Bathroom Botheration

Things in France are going well! Things in our bathroom, however, seem to be going astray.

First off, our lights have almost all gone out. Gone! The bulbs have been dying like flies one right after the other. And now we have but one single bulb lighting our bathroom. It looks quite bleak and eery, especially when you shower because the steam makes it look foggy and dim.

We have located spare bulbs at Monoprix, but we were not sure of the wattage of our lights so we did not buy any. Now that we have figured out how to take the bulbs out of the fixture (15 minutes in the bathroom and only minor electrocution) I now have a sample light bulb for comparison and think our future looks brighter (hardee-har-har).

Second, Hannah and I went to replace our toilet paper and could not find our super-cute butterfly toilet paper. We made the executive decision to buy a different brand. We ended up buying these MASSIVE rolls of toilet paper (supposedly the equivalent of 3 rolls in one) because they were a bargain. We ended up getting home and realizing that not only was the toilet paper scented (ugh, it's a horrible smell), but it also is not so nice on the derrière. Add to that the fact that the pattern is ugly, and you've painted yourself the proper picture. Luckily we only have 4 rolls of the stuff to go through... or should I say 12? A+

PS - Here is a picture of my iron burn. It doesn't look really impressive when photographed, which is not surprising because it's not that impressive in person. I just took a picture of my burn because I like taking pictures.

2 Comments:

At 10/29/06, 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg Meghan! This is your sister, though I am posting anonymously until I can make my OWN blogspot! I think I will write travel updates on it!!! Or just France updates. Your iron burn is still very impressive.... do i have to use html more to do this kind of blogging? Let me know!

 
At 10/30/06, 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, pink toilet paper. But not ha, burn. I will add you to my links in my blog, omg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home